For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is Gibson Index Ltd.
Information We Collect:
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or make a purchase.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
Neither Gibson Index Ltd nor TSOhost, its web hosting service, operate cookies. As a result, we do not gather information about your computer for our services or to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to advertisers â€“ as we do not take advertising on the website. No information will identify you personally.
In addition, we do not gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. These cookies are never downloaded to your computer automatically.
Use of Your Information:
We add information to the SME database only with your permission and via an open and agreed exchange of data, eg. Winners or shortlisted companies in local or regional business award competitions, which some Gibson Index subscribers provide to us on a regular by agreement.
The primary, mutual contractual conditions are set out in the overall Contract between Gibson Index and a Subscribing Authority. We will, in addition, notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, which may affect our service.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Storing Personal Data:
The Gibson Index contains only data about SME companies, their staff and shareholders. It also contains comments from Gibson Index experts that relate to the future potential of each company.
No person data is either kept or published on our PCs or on the website. A handful of youthful entrepreneurs are profiled, always from information within the public domain.
In all other circumstances Gibson Index contains no information about anyone under 18, or contains any personal or private medical information.
Security of Online Service:
The Gibson Index website is managed by the Oxfordshire IT services company ComputerPro. The highest levels of data security - and uninterruptible service standards - are maintained.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679:
Gibson Index Ltd complies fully with these new regulations. Gibson Index does not hold any of the following: home addresses or phone numbers, personal emails, any health-related information or any credit card details or personal financial information.
How We Share Your Information:
We may share and disclose information (including personal information) about our customers in the following limited circumstances:
- Partners, third-party vendors and other service providers, and agents (including their sub-contractors): who we employ to provide you with any information, products or services that you have requested, and to whom we outsource any of our business functions;
- These include providers of - for example - our newsletter service, customer relationship management (CRM) system, payment gateway/processing, website analytics, product feedback or helpdesk software, product fulfilment/delivery etc.
- Third parties where you have a relationship with that third party and you have consented to us sending information: for example social media sites or other third party application providers.
Access To Information:
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of Â£10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.